About Me

My photo
Part time graphic designer with full time hobbies. Crafting, rummaging around junk shops looking for hidden treasure, vintage toys, time with Bob and Peter our cat!

Translate

Tuesday, 31 July 2012

Thrifty Tuesday

Tuesday is my favourite day for having a rummage at the thrift shops. Today I went to my best one, the good old Salvation Army…




yummy pyrex, I left this…great restraint needed




knitting needles, zips and other craft items


These are my purchases...


A Gaytime Assortment biscuit tin, this must be from the 70's with it's the ubiquitous brown, orange and snazzy doily pattern!


and this sweet embroidered napkin


I got this for my Niece…



and left behind a small wooden painted shelf which I think I'll have to go back a get, hope it's still there!

6 comments:

  1. Wow, lots of bits and pieces in here...I've just started my own blog aout art and craft. I think I might take myself into a charity shop and see what I can find everything is so expensive from craft shops like hobbycraft.
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, definitely worth doing, I buy clothes to cut up for material, sheets and duvet covers, buttons, wool the lot, it's a fraction of the price and for a good cause too! I'll be over in a tic to check out your blog x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was trying to make the photos bigger to see the goodies!

    I love the Pyrex - I am after the turquoise and pink ones... SO hard to find :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I ever see any one my trips I'll keep you in mind! I collect the ones with roses on :)

      Delete
  4. Oh, that store is a small paradise!!!! And your cookie jar reminds me of the furniture of the 70's Sindy. Do not you think? ;o)

    ReplyDelete