About Me

My photo
Part time graphic designer with full time hobbies. Crafting, rummaging around junk shops looking for hidden treasure, vintage toys, time with Bob and Peter our cat!

Translate

Friday, 3 August 2012

A little light craft

Last year I went to a lovely wedding , two good friends tied the knot with a lovely reception at RIBA (Royal institute of British Architects) building in Portland Square in central London, a beautiful day was had by all.



The theme was green and white, a team of us went pom pom crazy and I emptied the local area of vintage and pressed glass vases to decorate the small outside terrace. 




 I can't really believe a whole year's gone by, to celebrate the passing it's traditional to give paper.

An afternoon of sticking and glueing later and I'd made a small token of a handmade gift, a cracker complete with moto, snap, gift and confetti!

You can find easy tutorials to make crackers on the net or just wing it like I did! I used three loo rolls (romantic) removing the end two when the cracker was rolled up, double sided tape, paper (various types) ribbon and a paper pricker thingy to help when pulling the cracker apart!



I finished off my cracker with a paper fan yoyo, vintage button and ribbon.


A card was also made from vintage material, a stamp, a little stitching with a transfer to finish.


and my moto… you both pulled a cracker!

4 comments:

  1. It was a nice job. And what a lovely couple. Good weekend! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! Your blog is 'right up my street! Ada :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How beautiful and I love all the little crafty bits and bobs.

    Nina x

    ReplyDelete