About Me

My photo
Part time graphic designer with full time hobbies. Crafting, rummaging around junk shops looking for hidden treasure, vintage toys, time with Bob and Peter our cat!

Translate

Thursday, 28 February 2013

Pom-pom's

a-close-up-of-pom-pom-twigs

twigs-with-pom-poms

bunny made from air dry clay

I love Pom-poms, easy to make and cheerful too, like fairy lights, I just get enough! A few years ago I scored a pom-pom maker from a car boot sale, new in its box, never used, such waste. I used to make poms the old school way,  two circles of card with small balls of wool from mum and nans scraps. Now I have scrap's of my own to turn into things of beauty…well that might be over doing it just a little bit…

My little white bird is made from air dry clay, I pushed him onto a clear drinking straw so I could stick him in to the foliage of pot plants such as herbs. Now all my herbs are dead  *ekk! So he's in with the twigs!

**This would be a simple easter project with or without little ones, you could make bunnies from clay or little eggs which you could then paint, or why not make Pom-Pom Bunnies????! Why didn't I think of that before...


5 comments:

  1. Ooh I love pom poms, I keep meaning to make some but a pom pom maker sounds like a good idea. Love that sweet little clay bird too. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so lovely, that little bird is so very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh I haven't made a Pom Pom in years! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love pompoms too!!! They look lovely on your twigs...Karen x

    ReplyDelete