About Me

My photo
Part time graphic designer with full time hobbies. Crafting, rummaging around junk shops looking for hidden treasure, vintage toys, time with Bob and Peter our cat!

Translate

Thursday, 13 February 2014

Burnt Jam Hearts

As a couple we don't do roses or go for a "special" meals out to celebrate Valentines Day, we're more of a large bar of chocolate with a cuppa tea and a homemade gift kinda couple. How could I forget my love heart roll that was so heavy and hard it never went mouldy and was kept for years or my love heart jam tart that I forgot was in the oven a burnt so badly it welded itself to the baking tray? You don't get that kinda quality gift from the supermarket do you? (!)

So after fifteen years I tend to stick to cards and non-baked goods!  Whilst dusting (!) today I found a few of my most recent efforts wedged between some books in our dining room. Some sewn, some paper cutting and even a little vinyl and wire work too!



 None cost as much as a shop card just a little time and effort which is what Valentines is all about x

Happy Valentines Day! Do you make your cards and gifts? I'd love to see them!

No comments:

Post a Comment