About Me

My photo
Part time graphic designer with full time hobbies. Crafting, rummaging around junk shops looking for hidden treasure, vintage toys, time with Bob and Peter our cat!

Translate

Wednesday, 12 February 2014

It's a Wrap!






A good friend celebrated his birthday last week and during his lunch break he came round for a cuppa, slice of cake, and as you're never too old a surprise gift or two. 

I decided to make my own wrapping paper and had a good crafty half hour having a go with my new stamps bought in the Paperchase and my alphabet stamps purchased at a summer fair for the princely sum of 50p!

I stamped stars in both red and blue over the brown paper previously used to wrap a bunch of flowers I'd received, then randomly added "Happy Birthday" and a red bus, a graphic nod to "T" living in London in the spaces left.  Not rocket science, but a good quick, individual and cheap way to add a little extra to a gift!

Left to dry and when wrapped up his pressies looked ready to be ripped open, shame after all that effort! 

*Paperchase stamps reduced to £4 in sale (came with ink pads)

Paper - free

Alphabet stamps - 50p local village fair


1 comment: