About Me

My photo
Part time graphic designer with full time hobbies. Crafting, rummaging around junk shops looking for hidden treasure, vintage toys, time with Bob and Peter our cat!

Translate

Saturday, 8 February 2014

January blues


The worst meal ever!


I have to say I'm glad January is behind me, it's not been the best start to the New Year, before Christmas I had a couple of nasty colds that had totally floored me, so much so I ended up with steroids and antibiotics. I have a lung condition which means I have to have extra oxygen all the time, it's been this way for the last 10 years and I never really talk about as I don't want it to define who I am. 

Christmas was a bit of a wash out as my breathing became more difficult, not one to complain I soldiered on and just kept having little naps to restore my batteries. On the weekend of the 4th of January I ending up being carted of in a ambulance to hospital, not my finest hour! The Ambulance men where lovely and I have only praise for having to deal with me (as I didn't want to go!) 

To cut a long story short I had pneumonia, and ended up staying in hospital on the chest ward for over a week having antibiotics, nebulizers and rest. My family rallied round me, bringing in food (James Martin is seriously needed to sort out the veggie menu!) visiting me every day, twice a day for which I'm so grateful

I've been home for three weeks and have a new machine which keeps my co2 levels in my system down at night, its called a CPAP and is also used for people who suffer from sleep apnea. I averaging 3 hours sleep a night as i'm having trouble adjusting to it. That said, it's lovely to be home with all my friends popping in and I can feel my strength and stamina returning with each day.

I'm sure things will get back to normal very soon x

The moral of the story is, always get a persistent cold checked out, just in case.

Thank goodness it's February!


4 comments:

  1. Hello. I'm so sorry you've been unwell. I too hope things get back to normal very soon! Sending you a hug! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that you have not been well, it's sounds like you had a dreadful time. I hope you are on the mend now, take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Katy, I wish you much strength and a speedy recovery. Hugs :)

    ReplyDelete